Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Non Fiction

Inspired by Deborah's universe books, this month I listened to a Non Fiction title. I decided to try the bestseller, Marley & Me: life and love with the world's worst dog, by John Grogan. Despite the fact that I am in no way, shape, or form a dog person, I really did enjoy the book. The episodes flowed smoothly and painted a wonderful portrait of this crazy dog. He sort of reminded me of my neighbor's dog . . . and also of my kids in a way. I really felt like I knew the dog and I definitely had to brush back the tears when it was time for Marley to go. As it's bestseller status will attest, many people are already familiar with this book. But it is definitely one to recommend - for the dog people, for the cat people, for the relationship people - which, when you think about it, it just about everyone.

No comments: